Frequently Asked Questions
Need help? Be sure to check out the FAQs for answers to your questions!
Your advert will go live once you've paid for the advert or if you have chosen to buy a Gold or Platinum Job Pack, as soon as you click 'Post Job Advert' the advert will be deducted from the credit on your account.
We want the best response to your job advert and you need to encourage the best matching candidates to apply, whilst minimising the number of irrelevant candidates. Follow suffolkonlinejobs.co.uk the simple guide below to creating a perfect job advert, and make sure that you use the applicant screening questions to filter out irrelevant candidates.
Follow these steps to make the most of your job advertising on suffolkonlinejobs.co.uk:
- Complete the job title, which will act as a link to your job description in search results. The job title needs to explain what the role is to prospective applicant and also to encourage candidates to find out more - for example, ‘Secretary at leading law firm - amazing city centre location'.
- Creating a the right job description, try to avoid a overly detailed job specification - The advert is meant to attract the best candidates, not scare them off- a job more detailed specification can be supplied to candidates later. Your job description should describe
- Your company and its culture as well as any interesting information which may attract applicants.
- Key duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Essential qualifications, skills and competences required to succeed in the position.
- Training, benefits such as company car, mobile phone, gym discounts etc and any other reasons why the role is rewarding.
- Additional information, such as locations, work-hours and travel requirements
- Don't include contact details on the advert as these will be handled via the application process ie; emailed to you through our system.
- Choose the job type (sector) that the position is in, don't worry if you can't find an exact match. You can always update the job type and details after you've added the advert.
- Select the salary range this will help to target the job at the right candidates. This is recommended as displaying the salary for the job helps candidates decide whether or not the position is right for them.
- Add the specific location, try adding the postcode of where the job is based for maximum accuracy. This will mean your vacancy will be returned in job searches carried out within a radius of a town, city or postcode.
You can advertise your job at county level, but we don't recommend this, as it will only appear in job searches at county level or above.
- Last but not least, Screening Questions help to filter out unsuitable applications. Use up to five questions to focus on qualifications, key skills or competences needed to be successful in the role.
Each job advert credit can only be used to advertise one position. You can edit the job title or the location of the role but any significant change will require an additional job advertising credit.
suffolkonlinejobs.co.uk offer a pay as you go service, meaning we do not have any contracts. After your initial job advert has expired, you can choose whether to advertise or not.
All payments are processed via PayPal, we don't accept cheques or cash payments.
You'll find this in the Employer Profile area of your account.
Yes, simply add an "External Application URL" instead of an email address when placing your listing.